Saturday, April 04, 2020

Mixpack Review 3: Big Muddy Galaxy IPA

Beer company: Big Muddy (that was my nickname in high school)
Name of beer: Galaxy IPA
ABV: 7.5%
Origin: Murphysboro, Illinois, United States
Found by: me at Friar Tuck
Bought by: me at Friar Tuck

Beauty of Pour: 9 out of 10. I thought based on the bottle popping sound (BPS) that this beer was going to be fugly, but whoa there cowboy, saddle up.

Odor: 4 out of 10. Y'all non-IPA fans out there ever go to try an IPA for the first time in a while and you think, "This dry-hopped piece of shit. This is exactly what a hipster salad smells like when the croutons are sprinkled with shitty hipster moustache clippings."? Well I do and this beer stinks like a shitty over-hopped hipster IPA.

Carbonation: 14 out of 15. I am trying to find something to complain about and I can't find it. This has ruined my evening. How am I supposed to be cynical about this beer? It probably tastes terrible, so I'll hold out for that. 

Mouthfeel: 13 out of 15. The texture and density are incredible. I've had IPAs that were like sucking on a christmas tree flavored cotton ball. I've had IPAs that tried to tone it down. This did neither of those things-- It held on to the IPA taste pretty well without being to dry.


Flavor: 40 out of 50. IPAs are not my thing. This is the best tasting IPA I have ever had. The flavors are balanced, never too overwhelming, never too lacking. I could drink more than one of these.


Complete score: 85 out of 100. Try it if you dont believe me. I wanted to fail this beer and I just couldn't do it.  THIS BEER IS 7.5%? I don't believe the label.

Byahhh!

1 comment:

Wines and Beer Shop in Lajpat Nagar said...

Nice Blog! Are you searching for a wines and beer shop in Lajpat Nagar? We have five years of experience in this field. Our store has different brands of wines and beers.