The first step was to tweak a few parts of the newly built blackberry trellis. I originally had two plants from Matuz that were donated. I used one sucker to replant last year. This spring I planted another sucker and two more plants from Matuz for a total of six blackberries plants on the new trellis.
|Row of blackberries with new trellis and older blackberries in front.|
|Blueberry bushes. Had bees flying all around the flowers.|
|Blackberries and blueberries together|
|All six hop plants. Glacier, Willamette, 2 Goldings, Tettnang, and Fuggle.|
|An example of the drip irrigation on the Fuggle.|
|Gravity fed from rain water. Very useful when I can only get up there to check on them about once a month.|
The grapes are doing well for this time of year. The Niagara variety is doing the best. One Niagara vine is completely attached to the wire and I am now pruning it as a mature vine. One of the Vidal Blanc vines snapped off in a storm last year and it did not survive the winter. The only place I have found, only sells them in groups of 5 and I really don't want to do that again because I have done it in the past and it costs too much. If anyone finds a single Vidal Blanc vine at a home and garden store please let me know!
|The Niagra variety is doing the best. No idea why. No sure if it is the location of the row or the variety itself.|