Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hop and Barley Farm update

Unfortunately the barley has not turned out as well as hoped. It didn't get very tall and was overrun by weeds. Also, a lot of the heads did not have seeds in them. Either they got too dry or they never produced any. Nonetheless, I decided to harvest it a little earlier than expected and this is what I got. I think we will get some out of it but not nearly the lbs. we were expecting. Probably only a few pounds instead.













On the bright side the hops are doing well...












Individually, here are the Willamette...










Golding...










and Glacier...










The Glacier is doing so well that I think I will get some hops this year. Here is a pic of some sprouts. What do you think Rover? (btw this picture really doesn't do the Glacier justice, it has really taken off and is very think)











-Der Brauer

1 comment:

Irish Rover said...

Those are surely hop buds. They need to be watered daily