Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beds for the hops

Fortunately my dad has been as excited as me about growing the hops. Since he has had more time to make it to the farm he built beds for the hops to grow underneath the trellis lines. Here are some pics. Also he set up guttering that will feed into my rain barrel for my irrigation system. By the way, if anyone know where I can get a cheap/free 30-50 gal. rain barrel from let me know. I know Phil can get one but there is no timetable on that. Finally, the barley arrived at my parents house today.

-Der Brauer






























6 comments:

Matuz said...

Looks nice man. I know I told you, but I am telling the rest, I got my hops in today. For sure will be planting them on Sunday with Irish Rover.

As far as the barrel goes. Craiglist. Also, I will see what my fiance's dad has in his shop...sometimes he has junk to give away.

Der Brauer said...

What type of hops did you buy again?

Irish Rover said...

Looks like your dad earned his Stag today!

Matuz said...

Nugget and Sterling

Matuz said...

One suggestion on the hops, once they start growing, you need something(twine, thin pole,etc.) for them to get up to the twine you have running up the trellis. Or just remove the stakes and put the stakes in the beds where the hops are going to come out of and they can attach from there.

Der Brauer said...

Don't worry. I've already got a plan.